Businesses attempting to ride the wave of AI-powered apps have found great success with robotic process automation (RPA). One of the most popular RPA tools is UiPath. IT companies can use UiPath to build software robots that collect and analyze data from a variety of apps in order to automate repetitive operations. You've come to the right site if you're trying to understand what UiPath is.
What is UiPath?
A tool for extensive end-to-end robotic process automation is UiPath. It offers firms tools to automate standard office procedures in order to enable swift company change. It employs a range of techniques to transform time-consuming processes into automated ones.
Features of UiPath
This course will focus on some of UiPath's most essential features now that you are familiar with them.
Drag and Drop Workflow
The user of UiPath can designate relevant tasks and drag drop them into the graphical workspace to produce visible process steps. The process steps can then be converted into a visible workflow using user interface attributes. Users of the UiPath tool can create web-based or application workflows using the recorder wizard.
Recording and Playback
This functionality allows the user to record activities and turn them into a series of automated processes. The following options for recording are provided by UiPath:
Basic recording-It is often used to build an exhaustive selector for each activity and focuses on automating particular activities.
Desktop recording-In addition to application development, it applies to a wide range of vocations.
Web recording-A popular tool for keeping an eye on and recording web page activity is web recording.
Citrix recording-It is frequently used for data logging, which also includes automating virtual environments and taking pictures.
Inbuilt activities in UiPath
Over 300 built-in actions in UiPath can be used to automate a range of tasks and link different apps. The majority of design-related tasks, including automation, data entry, and extraction, are also included in the Activities window.
Advanced Scraping Options
UiPath Screen Scraping facilitates data extraction from websites and programs. The data scraping wizard can also gather information that has a repetitive structure. Every program, including.Net, Java, Flash, PDF, Legacy, and SAP, operates without a hitch when scraping.
High Security and Robustness
UiPath can be used to create powerful, highly intelligent robots. Everyone at work is able to utilise these bots thanks to their straightforward visual interface. High-security auto-login options are available from UiPath for usage in bots. Additionally, it allows for the covert execution of automated procedures and has a lockable screen.
- Users may create numerous automation processes graphically utilizing diagrams and drag-and-drop functionality thanks to UiPath Studio's user-friendly interface.
- These drawings simply structurally represent the necessary tasks.
- The next stage is to put your process into practice in the UiPath studio after you've designed it.
- The strategies are converted into tasks by UiPath Robots, which are subsequently finished.
- These robots are used to assign various jobs and complete them without human intervention in a manner that is comparable to that of humans.
- They design UiPath robots to launch into action autonomously following a certain computer procedure.
- UiPath created a web-based utility called The Orchestrator. It offers tools for planning, organizing, managing, and overseeing automated processes and bots.
- All software bots are managed and maintained from one central location.
It's time to comprehend the UiPath architecture now that you are aware of what UiPath is and what its components are.
It is divided into two parts.
- The Client and Server Side
- The three layers
The Client and Server Side
- Client-side Components that offer direct user or developer communication are known as UiPath components. Bundling of UiPath Studio, Robot, Browser, and UiPath Agent is common.
- Server-side operations are handled by UiPath. The databases contain the tasks and workflows that users create.
- Which operations and software agents are required to complete the tasks that the code prescribes are determined by the UiPath Orchestrator.
- The backend is where you can find the robots' statistics and logs. The information can be used to evaluate robot performance and spot mistakes.
The UiPath robot is made up of two components:
Agent Support for UiPath:
This UiPath service connects the client and server sides of UiPath. The handler is used to convey all information and data. Messages are also logged in the Orchestrator before being forwarded to the SQL server.
The Executor Service for UiPath:
This service is used by software robots to complete the tasks listed in a Windows session.
The Three Layers
1. Presentation Layer
- The client layer consists of the UiPath components that are accessible to users.
- These components can be designed and built by a user or developer to produce a number of automatable tasks. These are typically carried out by computer robots.
2. Server Layer
- An essential component of the UiPath concept is the server layer. Each server's information is displayed on the cloud layer. The full project is routinely uploaded to the server while the robots are working on the jobs.
- The entire band is under the orchestrator's direction. It creates summary reports, plans the execution of software robots, and monitors project progress in accordance with filtering criteria.
- Software-related terms Robots must continue doing their routine duties in order to continue operating. Its web-based management system aids in the project's accomplishment of its project requirements, service standards, and schedules.
3. Persistence layer
- The majority of this sheet is made up of database servers. Each robot's configuration data is kept in this tier. Users can customize the Orchestrator by including data, robots, assigned tasks, logging data, and asset descriptions, among other things.
- The persistence layer is also in charge of ensuring that the log data is continuously updated by the UiPath agent services. These logs are kept on ElasticSearch servers. The logs are best for identifying and fixing faults.
Benefits of UiPath
- UiPath offers quick access to automation. Take into account an RPA bot that would enable a worker to complete a monthly report in 20 minutes.
- Manual completion would take four hours. As a result of process automation, firms would become more productive.
- RPA software may run continuously, including on weekends and holidays, 365 days a year. It neither becomes ill nor stops working.
- One RPA robot may typically replace two to five full-time employees, if not more. Robots are able to work more effectively than people or do the same amount of work faster.
- When RPA is used in a company, regular, dull, and repetitive work are delegated to robots, freeing up staff to concentrate more on providing excellent customer service.
- Employers who are skilled and informed can assist in meeting customer needs.
Since each component only does one thing, information leakage between them is unlikely. As a result, data access is carefully observed and documented.
UiPath uses IT resources more efficiently and has lower operational costs.