I've thought about reworking Smithing before OSRS was published

I've thought about reworking Smithing before OSRS was published

The argument against those are the those things are poor, are proven to be failures, and shouldn't be inserted for a giant collection of motives that have been talked to death but ultimately have absolutely nothing to rs gold paypal do with OSRS being"old school".Just since"old school" is not a fantastic motive for or against anything doesn't indicate that there are not other reasons. It merely suggests that"old school" isn't a good reason. Upgrades can nevertheless feel school without becoming old school. The stuff can feel old school just fine, I am not against that and I actually support that.

Why can not smithing be reworked to be a much better ability whilst feeling"old school"? Furnace would still be the best possible experience speeds and the procedure of smithing so that it's not like training the skill becomes any different. Even though rune alch prices do not change, I'd still bet that the GE value of rune ore and bars could increase to the point that smithing and alching rune wouldn't be super rewarding, then monsters that drop rune ore and bars could be adjusted to drop a bit less to compensate for the increased sell values (honestly not even super necessary). There is likely other parts of a rework to be looked at, but it absolutely could be completed in a way that nonetheless feels old school whilst also being much more picky about RuneScapeplay loop. As it stands, smithing has such value for a skill, it should find a rework.

Thanks! That is a pretty good argument for a Smithing rework, and a good description of how it could do the job and possibly feel. I think we are agreed about the matter of"oldschool-ness" That is basically how I see it, new stuff can feel oldschool. I think there is desire for basic skill reworks. A basic rework such as altering the numbers around level / source requirements to make iconic things will probably never"feel " to lots of RuneScape players, even if it's inkeeping with the oldschool style. Just as it's such a radical change to aspects of RuneScape which have been unchanged for nearly 20 years.

I want abilities to be helpful. I like the rework RS3 did but I do not believe the mechanisms require just a rebalancing of levels, a rework. I adore the idea of lowering everything till Rune is flat 75 with you end game things being 80+ to your boots and Dragon repairs. I think about 80 you need more to create that's not even weapons or Armour. Buffs you're able to create or something which would make smithing useful as end game herblore. Herblore is the ability for being helpful and relevant.

I've thought about reworking Smithing before OSRS was published, but there is a really reasonable argument to be made that it would totally change a part of the original game in this significant way that RuneScape might not feel like an oldschool variant anymore. Whenever I think of just how cool it would be to make Smithing a usable ability, I immediately recall being like 12 years old, smithing iron platebodies for coins and the way that nostalgia will be gone. Unfortunately the ability is so old, so ingrained into the first version of RuneScape, that changing it goes against the idea of OSRS. It makes total sense but it must be cheap RuneScape gold reworked COMPLETELY. It would really be disturbing to leave because it is smithing and present a new skill to match smithing but even skills get shut down. People don't wish to change RuneScape.

Read more